Sunday, March 28, 2010

Holli's food

April told me this was really good and to post it.

Salsa Chicken

chicken breast frozen or fresh
Salsa usually a big bottle of it

Just put the two in a crock pot and cook it. Make sure you have enough salsa to cover the chicken, Usually takes about 3-4 hours. Depending on the size of your chicken.

Then you can make a spanish rice side if you want. Or I like to just put it in a salad and have a chicken taco salad.

I have a recipe for healthier Chicken Taquitos.
But when I did it, the corn tortilla's didn't work, fell apart and were super hard. So we took the filling out and put in our rice and my kids LOVED it. I put it in a salad.

All it is is,

big can of chicken 98% fat free, drained
1 cup of salsa
1/4 teaspoon taco seasoning

Mix it all together and put it in the fridge for 15 minutes and drain off any excess water.

This was super yummy in a salad. Instead of a lot of dressing on the salad, Iuse salsa and then like a 1/2 tablespoon of regular dressing. I don't like light or fat free dressing.

I am a BIG taco salad eater, its my favorite thing. But the hamburger really isn't that good for me, so using chicken is a great alternative. In fact, I am eating a chicken taco salad right now :)

1 comments:

Lam Fam Biggest Loser..who will win?! said...

Woo Hoo... I know what I'm making for dinner tonite. Good Job on 9lbs!!! You too Ash!!!